Sunday, April 22, 2012

Anticipation

I haven't written much on my blog this year. It's purpose has mostly been to report out on the activities going on in my classroom. But by the time I get through the school day and the work it takes to get that done, I've not got much left in me to take time to share it out here. Besides, except for the cell phone policy post, no one looks anyway.

I am compelled, however, to write briefly today because it is the day I posted my 3D GameLab badge I received for completing the coursework necessary to bring this gamified learning platform to my students. The end of the school year tends to be a bit rocky because of the anticipation of summer by both students and teachers. I tend not to get antsy about it until the very end of May, usually because I always feel like I am running out of time to get everything done that I wanted to do.  This spring, however, was different for some reason - I found that in April I was anticipating summer. That is a dangerous place to be with regard to motivation.  So it was with great relief that I stumbled across 3D GameLab, because the experience gave me a much needed anticipatory shot in the arm for next year, which helped me keep up the momentum for this year. It was an unexpected perk.

The major reward for me was in finding a tool that will aggregate most of the digital tools and learning strategies that I have been collecting for 4 years by placing them in a fun and valid format. 3DGL is a powerful tool that I plan to use with my 7th grade students. I am anticipating a fun summer, building in the coursework for next year.


3 comments:

  1. Miss B, your journal entries and learning were an inspiration for me! So thank you for the time and energy you devoted to camp, as you made my own learning and teaching so much more enjoyable :)

    I can't WAIT to hear how the planning and design start to play out with your students in the fall. I'm going to bet you'll have an amazing year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. It is very nice information Its so looking nice and I think that is very comfortable and enjoying. I would like to thanks for share the post and hope for Upcoming updates....... by
    FIN 370 Week 1 provider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. since it is evidently one extraordinary spot where I can find parcel of utilitarian information
    MKT 421 Week 4 Individual Assignment

    ReplyDelete